The Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) Laboratory serves as a main teaching and research Lab for the Department of Industrial Engineering in the Iby and Aladar Fleischman Faculty of ngineering at Tel Aviv University.
The Lab offers introductory and advanced laboratories in Modern Computer Integrated Manufacturing.
Theoretical lectures are followed by practical laboratories and projects to cover the following concepts and technologies:
- Robotics – including industrial and mobile robots
- Computer Vision and Sensors
- Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM)
- Computer Aided Process Planning (CAPP)
- Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) Turning and Milling
- Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS)
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Automated Assembly and Supervisory Control
- Smart Cards and RFID
- Human Machine Interface (HMI)
- Decision Support Systems and advanced algorithms
- CIM in the Internet