Electrical and Electronics Engineering - English
Registration is open for: 2019/2020
Program length: 4 years
Language of Instruction: English
Tuition: $4,550 (tuition varies slightly by 2-3% yearly)
Application deadlines: March 31, 2018
(Late applicants may apply until July 31 but note that housing may not be available)
Tel Aviv University is the largest and most diverse research university in Israel. The School of Electrical Engineering at Tel-Aviv University is the one largest EE schools in Israel, with a staff of over 79 faculty members, over 1500 undergraduate students and over 700 graduate students, including about 140 Ph.D. students, many of whom are serving as Teaching and Lab Assistants.
The School is part of the Faculty of Engineering at Tel Aviv University, listed by the Times of London as one of the 100 best science universities in the world. The School's outstanding faculty are leading researchers in their field, with over 30 of them recognized as Fellows of the IEEE and other prestigious professional societies. Many also serve on the editorial boards of the most prestigious academic journals. The School maintains extensive cooperative research ties with prominent institutions abroad and many faculty members collaborate or work closely with industrial partners. The School's extensive collaborative endeavors with the high-tech industry have been highly instrumental in shaping its constantly evolving study and research tracks. In its approach to education, the school emphasizes technological entrepreneurship. Its staff and alumni were major contributors to TAU's ranking as one of the 10 best universities in this category worldwide.
The faculty, through its Industrial Affiliates Program (IAP, http://iap.tau.ac.il/), provides both undergraduate and graduate students ample occasions to network with some of the world’s largest Hi-tech companies and be scouted prior to graduate. Companies such as Apple, Samsung, Amazon and more come to the Engineering campus yearly to promote their job openings and recruit from within the University walls.
- Tel Aviv University is ranked as #151-200 in Top Universities Worldwide (Shanghai Ranking, 2018)
- Tel Aviv University is ranked top 85 in the world by CWUR (Center for World University Rankings, 2018)
- Tel Aviv University is ranked as #174 in Best Global Universities (U.S. News Education world report, 2018)
- Tel Aviv University is also ranked as #16 for producing millionaires in THE’s World TOP 100 Universities. It outperformed Princeton, Duke and Technion among others
- The Faculty of Engineering is ranked 51-75 in the world (Shanghai Index, 2018)
- Tel Aviv University is ranked as one of the top 10 Universities in the world to produce the most entrepreneurs. (Times of Israel, 2018)