B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering
Dear students, kindly note that the B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering in English will not open for the incoming academic year 2021-2022.
Registration is open for: 2021/2022
Program length: 4 years
Language of Instruction: Hebrew
The BSc in Electrical Engineering is a four-year undergraduate degree program that will provide you with the tools and experience to excel in a world more virtual and electronic, with a focus to the future of technological development. You will learn through hands-on experience within the classroom and laboratories about various specializations that are key in today’s modern world, such as: Robotics, AI, deep learning, signal processing, communications and more. The program also offers several networking opportunities with the Startup Nation ecosystem that sees our students as potential candidates for collaboration in the future. Also, the students enjoy an array of services, social activities and field trips that add on to their creative experience.
Tel Aviv University is the largest and most diverse research university in Israel. The School of Electrical Engineering at Tel-Aviv University operates within the Faculty of Engineering and is one of 5 different departments and schools, the others being: the School of Mechanical Engineering, the Department of Biomedical Engineering, the Department of Industrial Engineering, the Department of Material Science and Engineering. The EE School is the one largest in Israel, with a staff of over 79 faculty members, over 1500 undergraduate students and over 700 graduate students, including about 150 Ph.D. students and post doctorals, many of whom are serving as Teaching and Lab Assistants.
The School is part of the Faculty of Engineering at Tel Aviv University, listed by the Times of London as one of the 100 best science universities in the world. The School's outstanding faculty are leading researchers in their field, with over 30 of them recognized as Fellows of the IEEE and other prestigious professional societies. Many also serve on the editorial boards of the most prestigious academic journals and have been recipients of international awards. The School maintains extensive cooperative research ties with prominent institutions abroad and many faculty members collaborate or work closely with industrial partners. The School's extensive collaborative endeavors with the high-tech industry have been highly instrumental in shaping its constantly evolving study and research tracks. In its approach to education, the school emphasizes technological entrepreneurship. Its staff and alumni were major contributors to TAU's ranking as one of the 10 best universities in this category worldwide.
The faculty, through its Industrial Affiliates Program (IAP), provides both undergraduate and graduate students ample occasions to network with some of the world’s largest Hi-tech companies and be scouted prior to graduate. Companies such as Apple, Samsung, Amazon and more come to the Engineering campus yearly to promote their job openings and recruit from within the University walls.
- Tel Aviv University is ranked as #191 in the World University Rankings (Times Higher Education 2021)
- Tel Aviv University is ranked as #151-200 in Top Universities Worldwide (Shanghai Ranking, 2020)
- Tel Aviv University is ranked top 85 in the world by CWUR (Center for World University Rankings, 2018)
- Tel Aviv University is ranked as #172 in Best Global Universities (U.S. News Education world report, 2021)
- Tel Aviv University is also ranked as #16 for producing millionaires in THE’s World TOP 100 Universities. It outperformed Princeton, Duke and Technion among others
- The Faculty of Engineering is ranked 51-75 in the world (Shanghai Index, 2018)
- Tel Aviv University is ranked as one of the top 10 Universities in the world to produce the most entrepreneurs. (Times of Israel, 2018)